Winning Ways is excited to announce a new partnership with the
Connecticut Council on Problem Gambling (CCPG). The collaboration aims to raise awareness of problem gambling and provide resources to those affected by it within our community.
The CCPG, founded in 1980, is a non-profit organization committed to reducing gambling-
related harm and supporting those impacted by gambling. It serves as the voice for those
affected by problem gambling and collaborates with behavioral health experts, community
stakeholders, the state gambling regulatory agency, the gambling industry, and the Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addictions Services (DMHAS) Problem Gambling Services division. As part of their services, CCPG offers Connecticut’s only 24/7 helpline, providing support, resources, and referrals through phone, chat, and text.
Our partnership with CCPG will involve integrating information about problem gambling into Winning Ways’ The Winning Circle Series curriculum. This effort aims to equip our community members with the knowledge and resources to address problem gambling and support affected individuals and their families.
CCPG has a long-standing history of making a positive impact in the community. As the first affiliate council of the National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG), it actively promotes a range of programs, including:
- Advocacy: Serving as a voice for those impacted and ensuring problem gambling is a factor in all
debates around gambling.
- Prevention: Engaging and educating at-risk populations, including military/veterans, youth,
people in recovery, and incarcerated individuals.
- Education: Hosting trainings to share information about emerging trends and best practices
with behavioral health professionals, prevention coalitions, and the community.
- Awareness: Raising awareness of problem gambling as a societal issue and directing those
affected to resources.
- Responsible Gambling: Collaborating with the industry to create guidelines to reduce risks of
developing problems and promote resources for help.
- Helpline: Connecting callers to free, immediate support and treatment options in Connecticut.
Winning Ways is proud to partner with CCPG, as both organizations share a common goal of improving the lives of individuals and families in our community. We hope this collaboration will shed light on problem gambling, provide resources, and foster a more informed and supportive community.
For immediate support and resources related to problem gambling, contact CCPG’s 24/7
helpline at 1-888-789-7777. Together, we can work towards a healthier, more informed, and